lørdag 30. mai 2009

Another turn, another challange

Well, these past few days have been hecktic. I've just finished the selection for the Telemark Batalion, Norways "ultimate" enlisted batalion. According to the soldier who had responsebility for us and who graded us, I can relax and kick my feet up, and just wait for the order to join the batalion.
But I can't.
Why?
Because its such a big change in my life. I'll hav a very very very well paid job, I'll earn more than my father, almost as much as both my parents put together, and I'll have almost no spare time. I'll have to keep training monday, wednesday, friday and the weekends. As they so neatly put it; Being a soldier is sacreficeing the comforts and pleasures of life, your spare time, and maybe your sanity, friends or life.
Am I willing to do this for someone I don't know? For a cause I don't always support? Well. As long as someone is in need and I can do something abou it, I'm there to help.
I've applied for a position as a gunner on the Leo2a4 tank. I just love 'em. They're beautiful, aren't they?I'll be sitting deep inside it, with over a meter thick layer of classefied armor plateing, so I should be fairly safe. As long as no one's cooking a moltovian cocktail. Then Im in trouble. As we say in Norwegian, "Den tid, den sorg"(You could translate it as; its tomorrows problem, or; when it comes, it comes, deal with it).
If I do get in, I'll sign a 3 year contract, as a grenader, but with the possibility to advance to sargent after a year and start moving through the ranks after that. But I think I'll wait until I've finished my first contract. For experiences sake. I wouldn't want anyone dying just because I wanted to wear three V's on my chest instead of one.
Except a few ribs half broken and my knee still being a bitch, Im still in one piece, considering the beat I got from the stress test. I had to be beaten up, willingly, and then exhaust my self until I almost fainted, and then I was sent to fight seven guys, with an order to take down three of them in a specific order and conduct. It was...tough. Almost broke my ribs during it, but it was worth it. After that they tried to fuck with my mind even more, but I passed, as the top contestant of the people who applied for Leo2. Guess Im rather proud of myself right now. I'll TRY to stop gloating now.
Congratualtions to all the graduates from Utah and Malibu. Im proud of ya, and I'd 'a given you a hug if I'd been there.
one last thing..if they do accept me..I wont be able to go to America...I'll have to spend the summer training and prepareing:(

'till then

Loves
Eagle

0 kommentarer: